Public Invited to Give Input into CDBG Annual Action Plan
Sumter, SC (September 5, 2019) - The City of Sumter is an Entitlement Community. This Entitlement status affords the City the opportunity of receiving Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds on an annual basis.
The purpose of the funds is to improve the neighborhoods and make life more livable for residents; especially those whose income falls within the HUD Income Limits and are considered low-moderate-income citizens. Citizens’ participation is a requirement. The City of Sumter will satisfy this requirement by holding public meetings prior to preparing the upcoming Annual Action Plan. The schedule for these meetings follows:
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 6PM, North Hope Center, 904 N. Main St.
- Thursday, September 19, 2019, 6PM, Birnie Hope Center, 210 S. Purdy St.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 6PM, South Hope Center, 1125 S. Lafayette Drive
- Thursday, September 26, 2019, 6PM, South Sumter Resource Center, 337 Manning Ave
- Public Hearing, Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 6PM, Council Chambers 4th floor, Opera House, 21 North Main Street
Citizens are invited to attend and participate in these community meetings in preparation of the City of Sumter, Community Development Department fiscal year budget process for the period April 1, 2020-March 31, 2021.
Entry to all meeting places is handicapped accessible. Hearing impaired, deaf persons or persons needing an interpreter may visit our offices for more information at 12 W. Liberty Street.
For more information on our community development program, visit https://www.sumtersc.gov/communitydevelopment.