The City of Sumter Aquatics Center is an outdoor pool facility located at 1115 S. Lafayette Dr. Sumter, South Carolina. This center meets requirements for competition swim meets and is equipped with six swim lane pool, an electronic timer, diving blocks, lazy river, open tube slide, and wade-pool with beach entrance & fountain. Other amenities include hot showers, concessions area, party rental, life jackets available at no charge, and lockers available for rent. Our team has both Certified Pool Operators and Aquatic Facilities Operators. Lifeguards, Swim Coaches, and Water Safety Instructors employed during the season are certified through the American Red Cross. The AC is open to the public from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Please note that parking is limited. Overflow parking may be available at the South HOPE Center.
- All patrons must obey all lifeguards, rules and listen for whistles at all times.
- NO smoking, vaping, or e-cigarettes. Violators will be asked to leave the facility.
Due to high volume attendance we may be on limited capacity allowance; admission is first come, first served.
- Payment methods: Cash, Debit or Credit Card (visa or mastercard). Tap to pay with visa is also now available.
- Admission rate for ALL customers is $3 per person (Ages 5 and under are free)
- Anyone age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Must be 16 years of age or older to enter without an adult or guardian (Must show ID).
- NOTE: For the safety of children, please note that children 5 years and under, must be supervised and within arms reach, in the water, by a guardian 18 years or older.
- Goggles and US Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed in the water, all other objects or items are not allowed in the pool. This includes, but is not limited to: non-U.S.C.G. approved life jackets, pool noodles, balls, water guns, etc.
- Concessions are available for purchases
- Coolers, outside food and beverages prohibited
- Coolers that are lunchbox size and smaller are allowed, but will be checked before admission.
- Official swim attire (nylon, spandex or polyester) to include shorts or shirts are required for entry (no cotton, thongs or street clothes). Swim diapers are suitable for the pool however, it is recommended by the CDC that swim diapers and swim pants are checked frequently and changed in locker rooms, away from the poolside.
- Locker Rentals available for 50¢
- US Coast Guard approved life jackets are available at no cost. Our guest services staff or lifeguards will assist in sizing.
- For more information call (803) 774-3998
If adverse weather occurs (e.g. lightning, torrential rain, cold temps, etc.), the pool will be forced to close and patrons will be directed to leave the water, deck and shower areas. Normal operations will resume after our weather systems signals all clear. 'Rainy Day Passes' are implemented for closures due to adverse weather - no refunds will be available. Please call if you are questioning the weather and potential closure hours.
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SWIM PARTNERS!