OPENING DAY JUNE 4, 2022
*Recommended CDC guidelines implemented at the facility
ALL CUSTOMERS MUST OBEY ALL LIFEGUARDS, RULES AND LISTEN FOR WHISTLES AT ALL TIMES
The City of Sumter Aquatics Center is located at 1115 S. Lafayette Dr. Sumter, South Carolina. This center meets requirements for competition swim meets and is equipped with six swim lane pool, an electronic timer & touch pads, diving blocks, NEW LAZY RIVER, open tube slide for all ages, and wade-pool with beach entrance & fountain. Other amenities include hot showers, concessions area, party rental, lockers and life jackets available for rent, Management staff of four certified as pool operators, instructors and trainers,
*Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors employed during the season are certified American Red Cross Lifeguards. Programming is currently limited. Lifeguard, Stealth Swim Team, Junior Lifeguard Classes are now open for registration.
Facility Quick Notes:
Please note that parking is limited. Overflow parking may be available at the South HOPE Center or parking on Red Bay road.
- Due to high volume attendance we may be on limited capacity allowance; admission is first come, first served with a waiting list available
- All customers must check in at Admissions - $3.00 PER PERSON (5 and Under FREE)
- Payment methods: Cash or Debit or Credit Card (visa or mastercard)
- Open Swim Hours: Closed on Monday - Open Tuesday through Saturday 12:00-5:00pm & Sunday 2:00-6:00pm
- Admission rate for ALL customers is $3 per person
- Anyone age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Ages 5 and under are FREE
- NOTE: For the safety of children, please note that children 5 years and under, must be supervised and within arms reach, in the water, by a guardian 18 years or older.
- Goggles and water safety approved life jackets are allowed in the water, all other objects or items are not allowed in the pool.
- Recommend large groups to call ahead for admittance availability - waiting list available
- All customers must shower prior to entering the pool
- All customers must check out through the Exit
- All customers are encouraged to:
- Stay 6 feet apart
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands
- Masks recommended to be worn by those not vaccinated
- Concessions and Swim Shop are open for purchases
- Coolers, outside food and beverages prohibited
- Official swim attire (nylon, spandex or polyester) to include shorts or shirts are required for entry (no cotton or thongs)
- Ages 16 years and up must have picture I.D. or be accompanied by an Adult
- Life jackets, Noodles, & Locker Rentals available 50¢ & $1
- For more information call (803) 774-3998
If adverse weather occurs (e.g. lightning, torrential rain, cold temps, etc.), the pool will be forced to close and patrons will be directed to leave the water, deck and shower areas. Normal operations will resume after our weather systems signals all clear. No refunds are implemented for closures due to adverse weather.
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SWIM PARTNERS!