This department is responsible for maintenance of streets and rights-of-way belonging to the City of Sumter.
- installation and maintenance of storm drain piping and catch basins;
- asphalt pothole repair and repair of utility cuts;
- installation and repair of concrete sidewalks and curbs;
- street sweeping to include City streets as well as all SCDOT streets within the city limits, city owned parking lots, Hope Centers, Pocotaligo Wastewater facility, other city facilities and special events sweeping;
- maintenance of canals and ditches throughout the entire city by use of private contractors and in-house forces; and
- construction and traffic control signing, etc.