Love Where You Live Poster Contest
The City of Sumter recognizes that students are creative and care about the environment. In partnership with the Greater Sumter Chamber of Commerce, would like to introduce a new and fun contest to help spread the word about our Community Clean-Up Days and to show Sumter a little love by not littering. Our 2023 poster contest is available to any Sumter K-12th grade student. The three (3) winning pieces will become the designs for our 2023 poster, distributed to businesses and other facilities around the entire Sumter community throughout the year. All rules and applications are available online at www.sumtersc.gov/litter.
GUIDELINES, RULES, AND CONDITIONS:
- All artwork should be themed with Love Where You Live.
- All artwork must focus on litter, and may not include any recycling-related content.
- Entries must be original work by the student. NO TRACING, NO COPYING.
- Space must be made to list the 2023 Community Clean-up Day schedule. Art may include a schedule (all dates below must be included) or just leave an open space for the dates to be listed later. Dates include:
- February 18
- April 22
- June 17
- August 19
- October 21
- December 16
- Entries can be in any medium such as paint, pencil, pen, watercolor, etc.
- Entries must be made to fit at least an 11”x17” piece of paper.
- Entries are preferred to be in portrait (vertical)
- Entry is open to all elementary school, middle school, and high school students living in the City of Sumter or Sumter County (students may attend public school, private school, or homeschool).
- No more than one entry per student.
- Completed Application and Parent/Guardian permission form MUST BE ATTACHED TO or INCLUDED WITH each individual student’s entry, or artwork will be disqualified.
- All entries become the property of the City of Sumter and will NOT be returned. Personal information on entry forms will NOT be used for any other purposes than those associated with the winning competition entry and will not be disclosed without parental permission.
- Images/photographs of the student and their work may be featured in various media, social media outlets, and promotional material.
- Three (3) successful works will be chosen for the 2023 annual litter poster.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- All winners and their parent/guardian will be notified by email.
WHAT CAN STUDENTS WIN?
- Grand prizes will be awarded to three (3) winners.
- One winner will be chosen from all elementary school entries.
- One winner will be chosen from all middle school entries.
- One winner will be chosen from all high school entries.
- All three winners will receive a framed print of their artwork.
- All three winners will receive a gift card.
- Awards will be presented by City Council at their January 17, 2023 meeting.
- All three winners will have their designs used in conjunction with the City of Sumter’s official 2023 Love Where You Live Community Clean-up Poster.
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete an application (students’ info).
- All entries must be received by our office no later than 5PM, Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
- Entries can be submitted three ways:
- Submitted digitally online at sumtersc.gov/litter
- Mailed to P.O. Box 1449, Sumter, SC 29151
- Dropped off at the Liberty Center, 12 W. Liberty Street, Suite 7, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM - 5PM