CDBG Public Meetings Planned for Oct & Nov 2023
The City of Sumter is an Entitlement Community. This entitlement status affords the City the opportunity to receive Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds on an annual basis. The purpose of the funds is to improve the neighborhoods and make life more livable for residents; especially those whose income falls within the HUD Income Limits and are considered low-moderate-income citizens. Citizens' participation is a requirement. The City of Sumter will satisfy this requirement by holding public meetings prior to preparing the upcoming Annual Action Plan. The schedule for these meetings follows:
- Wednesday, Oct 18, 6 PM – North HOPE Center, 904 N. Main St.
- Thursday, Oct 19, 6 PM – Birnie HOPE Center, 210 S. Purdy St.
- Wednesday, Oct 25, 6 PM – South HOPE Center, 1125 S. Lafayette Dr.
- Thursday, Oct 26, 6 PM – South Sumter Resource Center, 337 Manning Ave.
- Tuesday, Nov 21, 6 PM – City Council Chambers, 4th Floor Sumter Opera House, 21 N. Main St.
Citizens are invited to come out and participate in these community meetings in preparation for the City of Sumter, Community Development Department's fiscal year budget process for the period of April 1, 2024 - March 31, 2025. Entry to all meeting places is handicapped accessible. Hearing-impaired or deaf persons may call 774-1649 for assistance. Persons needing an interpreter may call the same number for assistance.