When it comes to education, Sumter School District boasts award-winning public elementary, middle, and high schools throughout the county. Accredited by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission, the district has over 80 national board-certified teachers. The district also has palmetto gold and silver award recipients, over $19.3 million awarded in merit-based scholarships to 2018 high school seniors, and many programs to enhance post-secondary education with advanced placement, mentor programs, and dual credit courses. View the 2022-23 Sumter School District's Welcome Guide for more info.
Sumter's first public charter STEM school opened in 2021 - Liberty STEAM Charter School.
Advanced Degree Programs:
Advanced degrees and continuing education certifications are available at six institutions in Sumter:
- Central Carolina Technical College
- The Scholars program provides the first two years at CCTC tuition-free, to students in Sumter, Clarendon, Kershaw, and Lee counties.
- Emory-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Morris College
- Saint Leo University
- Troy University
- University of South Carolina Sumter
- Continuing Ed Classes: Learn to master your iPhone or iPad, how to navigate the internet or social media, or learn a new language or hobby such as woodworking, photography, cake decoration, sign language and more.
- USC Sumter also offers free tuition to individuals over the age of 60.
The opportunity to get the degree or training you always wanted is available right here in Sumter, South Carolina.