The Purchasing Department is responsible for all aspects of the City's centralized procurement process. Its objective is procuring all materials, services and equipment at the lowest possible cost consistent with quality and quantity demands and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and City policies while maintaining the public's trust and fulfilling the policy and objectives of the city. The Purchasing Department's primary function is to assist other City Departments in their procurement efforts by directing the processes necessary to support City operations in an efficient manner utilizing mechanisms to maintain the optimum balance of quality and cost to provide full support to all, while assuring fair and equal opportunity to all qualified vendors.
The Purchasing Department provides the following services:
- Informal, Annual, & Formal Invitation to Bid’s
- Contract Administration
- Request for Qualification’s/ Request for Proposal’s
- Develop and manage effective relationships with suppliers
- Communication System Management
- Develop and manage commodity strategies and tactical plans
- Verify purchasing practices comply with established laws, policies
- Analyze vendor ratings based on Quality, Service, and Delivery.
- Identify supply risks and provide potential solutions and mitigation plans
- Disposal of City Surplus