Boasting southern flavor and charm, Sumter is home to many restaurants that offer savory meals, regional favorites, and decadent desserts. While this isn't a complete list of all our great spots, here are a few! If you are looking for something specific, give our visitors center a call at 803-436-2640.
Irasshaimase! With numerous Japanese-style restaurants, you’ll discover sushi is a local favorite and each one aims to give you a unique experience.
- Ginza Grill Japanese Restaurant - 493 N Guignard Dr.
- Hibachi Grill - 1003 Broad St.
- Kobe Japanese Steak House - 1121 Broad St. Ste 13
- Mon Cafe Japan - 1293 Broad St.
- Osaka Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar - 1284 Broad St.
- Thai House Restaurant - 718 Bultman Dr.
- Yummy Thai Food - 2561 Broad St.
There isn’t much that is as quintessentially southern as shrimp and grits! Get them at just about any soul food or breakfast spot. Here are just a few:
- Baker’s Sweets Bistro & Bakery
- 1089 Alice Dr.
- 119 N Main St.
- 129 N Washington St.
- Eggs Up Grill - 105 E Wesmark Blvd.
- Hamptons - 33 N Main St.
- Jeffrey Lampkin’s Country Boy Kitchen
- 5642 Broad St.
- 118 S Main St.
- Palmetto Oyster House - 415 W Wesmark Blvd.
- Simply Southern Bistro - 65 W Wesmark Blvd.
You'll quickly find your favorite spot for a caffeine fix in Sumter and these places have a large variety of other tasty sips and treats too!
- Baker's Sweets Bakery & Cafe
- 1089 Alice Dr.
- 112 N Washington St. (inside the hospital)
- 119 N Main St.
- Brubaker's Cafe & Bakery - 13 N. Main St.
- Colligo Coffee - 724 Bultman Dr.
- ThaiTea Sumter - 655 Bultman Dr.
- The BeanHive Cafe & Bakery - Food Truck
Donut-miss your chance at some of the best yummy pickup-and-go breakfast treats in South Carolina! Murray’s Donuts at 627 Bultman Dr., will satisfy your need for sweet goodness! Get there early as the line can get long, but it’s so worth it! There's also Dunkin Donuts, located at 2567 Broad St, serving your signature favorites too!
Inspire your senses at any of our unique local restaurants, each with its flavor and story to tell. Here are just a few more favorites around the community...
Demara’s, Pizza Lane, J O'Gradys, KOZI Italian Street Food, Batten's
Bangkok Cuisine, Susie's Chicken & Fries, Kona Ice, Lisa Ann's Kitchen, What The Food Truck, So Cool Italian Ice, Ready 2 Rumble, Metro Concessions, Mi Promesa
Chicken Shack, Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant & Bar, Sambino’s, Mariachi’s, Angels, Good Vibes Authentic Jamaican, Yucatan, Taste of Thailand
Steaks and Seafood:
The Shrimper, Willie Sue’s, It's a Shrimp Thing
Simply Southern Bistro, The Restaurant at Second Mill, Maryann’s Deli, Cut Rate Soda Fountain, Guignard Diner, ATL Buffalo Wings
From roadside stands and food trucks to award-winning restaurants, Sumter is home to some of the best BBQ.
- Bar-B-Que Hut - 1380 S. Guignard Dr.
- KJ’s Wings & Ribs - 432 Broad St.
- Maple’s - 4060 Patriot Pkwy
- Neece’s Grill - 267 Broad St.
- Sidebar, 30 N. Main St.
Triple B’s Big Bad Bob’s BBQ - 2665 Peach Orchard Rd
- 416 E. Liberty St.
- 1087 Alice Dr
- 12 Pinewood Rd.
- 3330 Hwy 15 S.
Look for some great BBQ Food Trucks around town too:
- Barn Side BBQ Food Truck
The Inside Scoop:
Feeling adventurous? Check out the South Carolina's BBQ Trail... BTW, Sumter has 5 locations on the map (but as you can see from above there are many more as you explore our community)! Or take a drive around the state to discover their Satisfy Your Thirst Trail -- from moonshine and craft beer to sweet tea, discover the history, craftsmanship, and unique stories behind South Carolina’s most iconic drinks.
Grab a drink or watch the game at some local pubs:
Enjoy a drink from the roof of Sumter’s first local brewery... you can’t beat the view at Sumter Original Brewery. This unique building, located at 2 S. Main Street offers a three-stories of family and pet-friendly activities too.