Welcome to the Gamecock City and the Sumter Convention & Visitors Bureau!
Check out our Love Sumter page for lots of things to do when you Visit Sumter, SC...
The Sumter Visitor's Center, located on the grounds of the world-famous Swan Lake Iris Gardens, is home to the Sumter Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Office, whose mission is to identify and evaluate all sources of present and future tourism, and to make every effort to encourage, promote, advertise and foster the growth of tourism throughout the private and public sectors. Tennis, golf, other outdoor activities, historical sites and attractions, cultural events, and many other exciting opportunities await visitors to Sumter, where our delightful stays and Southern ways attract travelers from all over the world.
We invite you to discover a vibrant community that combines the charm of the antebellum era with the exciting advances of the 21st century - from Civil War battlegrounds that recollect the past, to international industrial parks where technological advances are changing the way we live today. With important military and industrial advances taking place in a community where neighbors spend evenings on shaded front porches and the iced tea is served sweet, Sumter proudly reflects our heritage, while racing fearlessly toward the future.
Services and Activities:
- Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee - This advisory committee works with CVB staff to plan all meetings, and public engagements, assemble all state-required reports, and administer all SCPRT grant and advertising funding. The committee is mandated through the state office and includes a diverse population of hospitality business owners across Sumter County. Click here for more info on the committee.
- Marketing and Brochure Distribution - CVB staff design numerous publications and assist the community with a distribution of over 40,000 marketing brochures and flyers annually around the Sumter community as well as to state welcome centers and private requests.
- Event Ticket Sales - The CVB offers ticket sales to organizations in the community for public events. Certain rules and restrictions apply. Call the Visitors Center for more information.
- Facility Rentals - The CVB assists with renting out 11 facilities within the City to various groups and individuals. Click here to view all available rentals throughout the City.
- Gift Shop - The CVB maintains a gift shop on the premises with various souvenirs and collectibles.
- Relocation Assistance - The CVB offers assistance to those looking to relocate and retire in Sumter, South Carolina. Staff assists with Shaw AFB Weasel Welcome and ARCENT's newcomers' briefing as well as offers both active duty and their families a Taste of Sumter lunch and community tour, twice per month.
- Talks and Tours - The CVB offers various assistance with community talks in Sumter and tours around the entire community. Whatever your activity or attraction requests are, the CVB staff will work with you on your next visit to Sumter, South Carolina. If you are interested in scheduling a tour and would like to have a guide to accompany you and/or your group, please call our offices to discuss details and availability. The CVB also works with community partners to offer occasional special and pre-scheduled community tours.
- Welcome and Inform Visitors - The CVB welcomes over 600,000 visitors per year at their offices as well as at various events and activities across Sumter County.
For more information, contact the CVB/Visitors Center at 803-436-2640.