Pets are family, and more people are choosing to include them in their travel plans. While health and safety regulations prevent your pet pals from enjoying some spaces, you will find that Sumter also contains many places where your furry (and not-so-furry) friends are more than welcome!
From parks and campgrounds to a cozy B&B, outdoor dining, a rooftop brewery, and two dog parks, there are plenty of opportunities to get your pets in on that family selfie, night out, or evening under the stars.
Bring your furry pals along and enjoy Southern Hospitality for yourself and your pets!
- Leashed pets are welcome at numerous national chains, including
Please call for individual store policies.
Parks & Trails
- Cypress Park and Trail
- Dillon Park (Off-Leash Sumter public Dog Park located here too)
- General Thomas Sumter Memorial Park
- Memorial Park
- Mill Creek Park
- Palmetto Park
- Palmetto Trail
- Patriot Park
- Poinsett State Park
- Shot Pouch Greenway (in process)
- SPCA Bark Park (Off-Leash, Membership Required)
- Woods Bay State Park
For more information, please call the Swan Lake Visitors Center at (803) 436-2640.