2018 Sumter Christmas Wish Contest Opens
If you could make a wish for a deserving friend or family, what would it be?
The City of Sumter wants to make your wish come true this holiday season! Do you know a family that could use a little help this holiday season or a kid who has been extra good this year? Let us know how we can help, and we’ll draw one qualified entry at random for someone to receive up to a $500 wish come true!
To enter, download and print out or pick up a printed application at the Opera House or Visitors Center, then fill out the form (all fields must be completed – please print), nominating a worthy wish recipient, and drop in one of our Letters to Santa mailboxes located in front of the Sumter Opera House (21 N. Main Street) and at the Swan Lake Visitor’s Center (822 W. Liberty Street).
Contest runs November 19-December 14, 2018.
Good luck, and may all your Christmas wishes come true!
Contest Rules and Regulations:
- No purchase necessary. One entry per person. Nominee must be a person or family. No organizations allowed.
- Must be 18 years or older to nominate.
- Letters to Santa will not be included in this drawing.
Nominee must live within Sumter County, SC. Nominee may not live in the same household as nominator.
- Employees of the City of Sumter and their immediate family members are not eligible to win but may nominate someone. “Immediate Family Members” include: Spouse, Children, Step-Children, Grandchildren, Parents, Parents-in-law, Siblings & Grandparents.
- Registrations/entries accepted starting November 19, 2018 and close at 5:00 pm on December 14, 2018.
- This registration form is the only form of entry that will be accepted, and it must be dropped in one of the two Letters to Santa mailboxes, located on Main Street in front of the Sumter Opera House and in the Visitors Center at Swan Lake on Liberty Street.
- Mailed or emailed entries will not be accepted.
- All qualifying entries will be numbered and a random number will be drawn. Winner will be announced before December 24, 2018 and will be contacted by email/phone.
- Winner may choose to remain anonymous.
- Prize value not to exceed $500. No cash, gift cards or store credit.
- Prize must be redeemed no later than January 15, 2019.
- Value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
- No changes, exchanges, substitutions, or transfers.
- Wish must be for something that can purchased in Sumter, SC.
- Wish must be for something tangible. No wish will be granted that will bring harm to another person or ask someone to do something against their will.
- Wishes that will not be accepted include: airfare, subscription services, firearms, weapons, illegal drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
- All parties involved may not hold the City of Sumter responsible for any accidents or injuries.
- Entries that do not follow the above rules and regulations will be disqualified.
- The City of Sumter retains the right to disqualify any entry, either upon submission or at any time until the final winner is determined, in its sole discretion.
- Contest is subject to change or cancellation.
- Questions? Call (803) 436-2640.