CDBG Annual Action Plan Meeting
The City of Sumter is an Entitlement Community. This Entitlement status affords the City the opportunity of receiving Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds on an annual basis. The purpose of the funds is to improve the neighborhoods and make life more livable for residents; especially those whose income falls within the HUD Income Limits and are considered low-moderate-income citizens. Citizens’ participation is a requirement. The City of Sumter will satisfy this requirement by holding public meetings prior to preparing the upcoming Annual Action Plan.
The schedule for these meetings follows:
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 6:00 PM, North HOPE Center, 904 N. Main St.
- Thursday, October 20, 2022, 6:00 PM, South HOPE Center, 1125 S. Lafayette Dr.
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 6:00 PM, Birnie HOPE Center, 210 S. Purdy St.
- Thursday, October 27, 2022, 6:00 PM, South Sumter Resource Center, 337 Manning Ave.
- Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 6:00 PM, Public Hearing at Council Chambers 4th floor, Sumter Opera House, 21 N. Main St. (enter through back parking lot entrance)
Citizens are invited to come out and participate in these community meetings in preparation of the City of Sumter, Community Development Department fiscal year budget process for the period April 1, 2023-March 31, 2024. Entry to all meeting places is handicapped accessible. Hearing impaired or deaf persons may call 803-774-1649 for assistance. Persons needing an interpreter may call the same number for assistance.