Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt
Welcome to the Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt
COMPLETE MISSIONS | EARN POINTS | HAVE FUN!
Race to complete challenges and adventures to earn points to win. We encourage all participants to have fun exploring Sumter, South Carolina and visit the many amazing amenities we have to offer.
Visit Sumter SC is utilizing GooseChase App to encourage exploration of the Sumter Community. The Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt will be open from 8:00 AM on Monday, May 3, 2021 and will close at 10:00 PM on Monday, May 31, 2021. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
Game Code: GZL49E
Check out the submissions: Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt Game Tracker (link coming May 3)
How it works: Complete the missions to earn points! The top five players with the most points will receive a Sumter Bag (full of great Sumter swag)! You can also help your friends win, by liking their photos.
Additional winners and prizes will be selected for most “liked” photo, best scenic photo and most missions completed.
Our Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt will have three types of missions.
- Photo Missions: Photo missions will direct participants to take photos with members of our community or at Sumter landmarks.
- Video Missions: The video missions challenge participants to complete fun videos with members of our community or at Sumter landmarks.
- Bonus Missions: We have incorporated some special challenges that are worth extra points throughout the hunt!
The Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt is open to all Sumter area residents and any visitors who would like to participate.
By creating an Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt account, registering for and/or participating in Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt in any way, you acknowledge that you have fully read, understood, covenant and agree to this full Release Waiver as well as everything below.
By registering for and/or participating in Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt, you and your teammate(s), friends, those you're participating and/or traveling with, etc. (hereafter 'teammate(s)') hold harmless the Sumter Convention & Visitors Bureau, the City of Sumter and its employees, partners, sponsors, etc. Meaning, you agree to not sue or make any legal claims against Sumter Convention & Visitors Bureau, the City of Sumter, its employees, partners or sponsors for any expenses, damages, injuries, or losses from participating in Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt. You also acknowledge and agree to follow all of the Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt Rules.
Scavenger Hunt Rules
You must be registered to participate.
Participants will need to download the GooseChase App on their smartphone and register for the "Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt." The game can be found by searching the name or using our game code listed above.
Participate at your own risk.
You agree to: Be smart. Be safe. Be courteous.
You agree to: Use caution and discretion and obey all local laws at all times.
Do NOT ask any local businesses for free services. They have businesses to run, be respectful of that. If they offer something you need, pay for it or find another way to complete the task, or choose another task entirely--there are plenty of free options. Be creative. Politely borrow things from friends and even strangers.
You understand and agree that no refunds will be given for any reason, including, but not limited to: weather, travel delays, acts of God, natural disasters, etc. You also understand and agree that events and itineraries are subject to change and no refunds will be given.
You understand and agree that: By registering for and/or participating in the Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt, you and your teammate(s) assume all liability and responsibility for your actions and safety. Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt and its Sponsors assume no liability or responsibility for your actions nor safety, nor the actions and safety of your teammates, nor anyone affected by your or your teammates actions.
Remember to tag #SumterSC, #LoveSumter and #SumterAdventures in your social media.
Text, Photo & Video Missions
Photo and video (images) submissions will appear in the game's activity feed. City staff will monitor the activity feed submissions throughout the game. Text and images that are deemed unacceptable per the following guidelines will be removed:
- Is in conflict with the City’s policies, including the City’s Social Media Comment Policy.
- Obscene, pornographic, profane, rude, or sexual language or images (including nudity).
- Personal attacks or offensive or discriminatory comments or content that target specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation/gender identification, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Threats or defamatory statements.
- Advocacy for any illegal activity.
- Off-topic or repetitive posts (spam).
- Promotion or opposition to political organizations, campaigns, candidates, or pending legislative action.
- Personal information, including but not limited to addresses and telephone numbers.
Web links to any site other than the City of Sumter website.
- Advertisements, promotions, and solicitations of any kind, including commercial products and services.
- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks.
By submitting images, participants state that they have ownership and rights to submit the images, that the images are free of encumbrance by other entities, and by entering give the City unlimited rights for the use of the images in its publicity and marketing materials. Entrants do not give up exclusive rights for future use of the photos for their own private use.
The City of Sumter will disqualify suspicious entrants who do not follow the Sumter Adventures Scavenger Hunt Rules and Terms of Service.
The City of Sumter reserves the right to choose winners by random selection.
Prizes will be available for local Sumter, South Carolina pickup only.