Seating Capacity Limits
- Seating limits will be set at 250 seats per performance.
- Rows and seats within the theatre will be marked off, please do not remove tape to accommodate your group.
- Two Seating Options: Please be aware of the seating options while purchasing your tickets.
Seating Block: You can select the seat(s) based on the number of guests in your party and your preferred location. You must purchase all the tickets in the ticket block when selecting your seat location. Seating is limited per group based upon the available seating blocks. Up to two seats will spaced between other groups.
General Admission: No assigned seating sand previous seating arrangements will not be honored. First come, first served basis on GA seating. The balcony and boxes will not be opened unless the main floor seating is full enough to warrant opening the upper level. Seating is limited to six seats per group with a minimum of two seats between other groups.
Safety and Sanitation Protocols
- If you or someone in your party are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, coughing or shortness of breath, please stay home and do not come to the event.
- Masks are required inside the Sumter Opera House.
- If you do not arrive with a mask, masks will be available for you at each entrance point.
- There are two theatre entrances: the main SOH entrance and the entrance to the City Centre.
- Please follow the floor markings outside the Opera House and be patient as we admit all patrons. The line will extend to the outside so plan your wait in line according to the forecasted weather.
- To limit the potential spread of COVID-19, no physical tickets will be given to or collected from patrons. When checking in for the show, provide your “Print at Home” ticket or the digital version on your phone.
- To limit the potential spread of COVID-19, public restrooms and heavy public traffic areas will be disinfected every 30 minutes.
- Sanitizing stations will be located throughout all public spaces for easy use.
- Programs are now digital!
- Simply open the camera on your phone
- Point the camera at the displayed QR code
- Tap the link that appears after scanning the QR code
- Dismissal after the show:
- Patrons will be dismissed from their seats one section at a time. Please wait until your section is dismissed before exiting the theatre.
- No congregating
- Once outside the theatre doors, please exit the facility immediately using the appropriately marked EXIT doors.
- No gathering in the Sumter Opera House lobby is permitted.
- Visiting with friends or artists should be done outside of the Sumter Opera House.
Box Office Protocols and Show Information
- When purchasing or exchanging tickets to the show, one person is admitted at the Box Office desk at a time.
- Please wait in the marked area if someone is at the ticketing desk.
- If a line forms, please be respectful of fellow patrons and observe the 6 feet social distancing guidelines with anyone not in your party.
- Masks are required when visiting the Sumter Opera House Box Office.
- If you are unable to wear a mask, our Box Office staff can assist you via telephone.
- Ticket Exchanges:
- Ticket holders for James Gregory (October 24th 3pm & 7:30pm) and Jeanne Robertson (November 14th – 7:30pm & Nov. 15th – 3:00pm) will have their tickets exchanged to seats that allow for social distancing inside the Sumter Opera House. You may contact the Box Office to inquire about exchanging your seat if you prefer the alternate performance time. The Sumter Opera House staff reserves the right to exchange your tickets in accordance with the state mandated occupancy limits.
- All shows after November 15th will already accommodate a seating chart that maintains social distancing.
- Exchanges may be made by calling the Sumter Opera House Box Office (803-436-2616) or emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To exchange tickets, patrons should have the original purchaser’s name.
- If part of a large group, please let Box Office staff know how many of the tickets you are exchanging.
- Original tickets are not needed for exchanges.
- Season members and sponsors will be given first choice to purchase or exchange tickets for James Gregory (October 24th 3pm & 7:30pm) and Jeanne Robertson (November 14th – 7:30pm & Nov. 15th – 3:00pm).
- September 21- October 9
- Previous ticket purchasers for James Gregory and Jeanne Robertson may exchange tickets for an earlier performance
- October 12-24
- James Gregory and Jeanne Robertson sales will open to the public for new purchases and continue to exchange ticket holders.
- If a patron needs ADA accommodation, please notify the Sumter Opera House Box Office at the time of purchase or exchange.
- We will scan tickets upon entry. Physical tickets WILL NOT be required for the performances.
- Please have your ticket on your smart phone or print your ticket and bring it with you.
- Please scan your tickets once everyone in your party arrives.
- The Sumter Opera House Box Office will open on show days at 5:30 pm.
- Access to Box Office will be through the City Centre door that faces Main Street.