As an Entitlement Community the City of Sumter receives funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development annually for programs and administration.
During the budget process the City is required to hold public hearings to allow the public to give input on how the funds should be spent. All meetings and public hearings are posted on our website, online calendar, and social media, with documents available for viewing and download in the same areas, in addition to viewing at our office, located at 12 W. Liberty Street, Sumter, SC.
For more information, please call 803-436-1649. Non-English speaking persons, hearing impaired or deaf persons may call the same number for assistance and information.
Below is a breakdown of the City of Sumter Community Development Funding Sources and how they have been spent or proposed plans (drafts):
US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- 2021-22 Draft City of Sumter Budget
- 2020-21 Approved City of Sumter Budget Summary
- 2019-20 Approved City of Sumter Budget Summary
- 2018-19 Approved City of Sumter Budget Summary
- 2017-18 Approved City of Sumter Budget Summary
- 2016-17 Approved City of Sumter Budget Summary
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020
- CARES Act City of Sumter Budget Summary Amended, March 16, 2021
- CARES Act City of Sumter Budget Summary, August 18, 2020
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- Mobile Home Roof Repair Application is now available for download. Please direct any questions to the Community Development Office at (803) 774-1649 or (803) 774-1652.