The Rotary Club of Sumter Sunrise is hosting its fifth-annual 5k Run/Walk on Saturday, Oct. 29, 2016. Registration begins at 8 a.m., the race starts at 9.
Proceeds of the event will support Rotary International's Foundations for Polio eradication, as well as local community projects (Literacy Effort, Dictionary Project, Scholarships to local colleges and International Water Projects).
The start of the course and registration will take place at Rotary Centennial Plaza - the corner of Liberty and Main Streets.
Early Registration: $20, includes race T-shirt for
those entered before Oct. 19
Day of Race Registration: $25
Limited supply of shirts on hand
Children 10 and under run/walk
Participants can register by filling out the registration form above, writing a check to 'The Rotary Club of Sumter Sunrise' and mail to:
Sumter Sunrise – Run/Walk
P.O. Box 1227
Sumter, SC 29151-1227
- Start at the corner of Main and Liberty.
- Head North up Main to Hampton.
- Left on Hampton and go all the way to Winn St.
- Right on Winn then another right on Haynesworth.
- Haynesworth all the way down to Church.
- Right on Church, left back on Hampton then Hampton to the driveway of First Baptist Church.
- Run through the church driveway to Liberty.
- Right on Liberty to the finish line at Main and Liberty.