2018 City of Sumter Holiday Schedule:
All City of Sumter Administrative Offices will be closed on the following dates:
Monday, January 1 - New Year's
Monday, January 15 - Martin Luther King's Birthday
- Monday, February 19 - President's Day
- Friday, March 30 - Good Friday
- Monday, May 28 - Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 3 - Labor Day
- Monday, November 12 - Veteran's Day
- Thursday, November 22 - Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 23 - Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 24 - Christmas
- Tuesday, December 25 - Christmas
- Wednesday, December 26 - Christmas
However, public safety offices and sanitation services, including trash, recycling and yard debris will continue on a regular schedule (with the exception of December 25, Christmas Day, there will be no sanitation services).
For city property maintenance regulations, include codes pertaining to:
- Unsafe or dilapidated buildings,
- Junk cars or motor vehicles in yards,
- Illegal dumping,
- Accumulation of trash, junk or rubbish,
- Overgrown lots and yards, and
- Vacant Property Registry.
Please contact our codes enforcement directly at 803-774-1602.
Are you experiencing potable water issues or sanitary sewer problems?
The City of Sumter continually maintains our utility lines. If at any time, a city customer experiences issues, please call our 24-hour report line to report your physical address and issue you are experiencing. Call 803-436-2558.
Please visit our City News Room for additional announcements.