Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:36:00 PM
In an effort to keep our Citizens informed on the maintenance and cleanup of the 2015 flood and where we go from here...
- The City of Sumter, Oswego and Rembert water systems all remain under a boil water advisory.
- Remind everyone that flooding is still occurring and damage assessments are not complete. If you see barricades or cones on any road or sidewalk, don't move or drive around traffic cones and barriers. They are there for everyone’s safety. Basic Safety Facts after the flood can be found at (more info at www.ready.gov/floods).
- Curfew for both City and County will continue through Saturday morning, 12 Midnight to 7 am.
- Thursday, October 8, City Sumter Offices will open at 8:30 AM, Sumter County will open at 10 AM.
- Regular trash services in City of Sumter have resumed. We expect delays accessing landfills. If your trash was not picked up this week, please be patient and wait to the following week.
- United Way and United Ministries of Sumter have stepped up to coordinate donation efforts as well as volunteer efforts. Should anyone have items to donate or have need of items, please contact the United Way of Sumter at 803-773-7935. The also have a Flood Relief Website at http://www.uwaysumter.org/flood-relief-information.
- If you have experienced damages to your home, business or property and they are not covered by any existing insurance you may have, you should apply to FEMA for Individual Assistance. You can apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by phone at 1-800-621-3362. It is important that residents write down their confirmation code (unique identifier) supplied by FEMA. Residents should never give that code out. When approached by a contractor, residents should request to see the contractors FEMA issued identification card.
- Water distribution sites have been setup at Fire Stations in Rembert, Dubose, Mayesville and Pinewood.
Contacts, for non-emergency issues:
- City Police Department: 803-436-2700
- County Sheriff office: 803-436-2000
- Fire Department: 803-436-2600
- City of Sumter Public Works: 803-436-2558
- Sumter County Public Works: 803-436-2241
- Sumter School District: 803-774-0282
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES CALL 911