City of Sumter
If you live or work in the City of Sumter or are just visiting our City, and you have a request, need an issue resolved, or would like to voice a concern, you can use the Customer Service System to notify us of the problem or concern. The request automatically gets routed to the appropriate City department for action.
P.O. Box 1449
21 N. Main Street
Sumter, SC 29151
City Administration is located in City Hall also known as the historic Sumter Opera House.
- 4th Floor Offices: City Manager’s Office, City Clerk, Administrative Services Director, Finance Department, Purchasing Office, and Special Projects Manager.
- 3rd Floor Offices: Human Resource Office
- 2nd Floor Offices: Recreations Director, Downtown Development Manager, Growth & Development Specialist, Events Manager and Opera House Manager.
- 1st Floor, Harvin Street Entrance: Utility Finance Department (Payment Center)
- 1st Floor, Main Street Entrance: Historic Sumter Opera House Auditorium