Listen all weekend to Z95.5 for updates and info
on the upcoming Total Eclipse Watch Party at Dillon Park.
We encourage you to bring blankets and chairs so that you can enjoy the eclipse comfortably.
However, we do not allow tailgating, tents, umbrellas that need to be staked in the ground,
coolers, glassware or glass bottles.
Dillon Park is located at
1210 Clara Louise Kellogg Drive,
Sumter, SC 29150
Directions to Dillon Park from I-95:
Take exit 135 for US-378 toward Turbeville/Sumter (0.3 mi)
Turn onto US-378 W towards Sumter (17.9 mi)
Take the US-521 exit toward Camden (0.2 mi)
- Turn immediate right onto N Pike W (1.4 mi)
- Turn left onto Clara Louise Kellogg Dr (0.2 mi)
- Turn left into Dillon Park (0.1 mi)
NOTE: These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.
Join us for an afternoon of fun, games and an unforgettable, once in a lifetime experience at Sumter's Total Eclipse Watch Party on August 21, 2017 at Dillon Park. The event will last from 12 Noon to 4 PM.
Sumter, South Carolina is one of the few places in South Carolina and the United States that lies in the Path of Totality, meaning we get a fully eclipsed sun!
In addition to food, balloon, face painters and cool treats, there will be music, games and more, we'll also be giving away custom, commemorative Eclipse Viewing Glasses so you can view the eclipse safely (one pair of glasses per person, while supplies last).
Several retailers in the Sumter area are selling solar eclipse viewing glasses; however, event attendees (one per attendee, while supplies last) will be treated to a free pair of custom #SumterSC glass that meet ISO requirements.
Want to know more about how to view the Solar Eclipse safely? Check out this information from NASA.
Free admission to the event.
- Free activities* provided by our partners (check back often for updates):
Drone Racing (must be preregistered)
Kickball & other kids games
Fire Department Smokehouse
Safe Kids Sumter County
- Activities* available for a nominal fee, from vendors:
Ice cream & Italian Ice
- DJ Lady Diamond will be entertaining the crowd all afternoon.
- Phone chargers available onsite, provided by FTC.
- ATM onsite, provided by the American Legion Post 15.
Also, check out our Facebook event page by clicking here.
Links to more information on the Total Solar Eclipse in Sumter, SC:
Where to buy Eclipse Viewing Glasses locally*:
- Sumter Optical
- Simpson's Hardware
- Alderman Drug Co.
*Please check to make sure glasses you are purchasing meet the ISO 12312-2 Standard. This information can usually be found printed on the back of the glasses.
Eclipse Eyeglass Safety: Don’t be Blindsided!
NASA has been alerted there are unsafe paper solar glasses being distributed.
How to tell what is safe?
Look for BOTH:
- U.S. Manufacturer Name (Recommend any of these: American Paper Optics, Rainbow Symphony, Thousand Oaks Optical, or TSE 17)
- “ISO” Icon (Must have ISO reference 12312-2)
- Don’t reuse old glasses. Unsafe after 3 years
- If lenses have scratches, don’t use
- If lenses are wrinkled, not safe for viewing the eclipse
- U.S. manufacturers recommended
Download a Copy of The NASA Announcement Here. Rev. 07/18/2017
Download the Sumter Total Eclipse Watch Party flyer here.
Thank you to our sponsors:
*All activities subject to change.